SIBO – Symptoms, Treatment
SIBO is bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine due to malabsorption that causes the proliferation of inappropriate bacteria in the small intestine.
- Lack of hydrochloric acid in the stomach
- Bile and pancreatic juice are not secreted properly
- Alterations in motility and transit in the digestive tract (dyspepsia)
- Fructose malabsorption
- Low FODMAPs diet, avoiding the intake of wheat, sugar, a lot of fruit and dairy products
- Probiotics, in the form of kefir, sauerkraut, and kombucha