How to remove glue from the wall
Hanging pictures, portraits, calendars and objects of various kinds on the wall, as well as putting wallpaper is very common in homes to decorate rooms. The use of glue is essential in some cases for these elements to stay hanging for a long time, but it also causes certain problems once removed since there are traces of glue on the wall.
Removing the remains of glue from the wall is very important to keep it clean, since otherwise stains and even dirt accumulation occur. Depending on the type of glue, it is necessary to resort to a specific method so as not to damage the surface. To find out how to remove the glue from the wall, in a info-grinik we recommend that you continue reading this article.
How to remove traces of glue on the wall
There are different products with which you can remove stickers from the wall or other glues on it quickly and easily. Alcohol, acetone, olive oil and spray spray are very useful resources:
- Apply a few drops of alcohol to a rag.
- Rub the label with circular movements and gently until it is saturated by alcohol.
- Wait a few minutes for the alcohol to take effect and carefully scrape the sticker label with a knife.
- Acetone is able to dissolve the traces of glue on the wall, but it also damages the surface if it is not applied in moderation.
- Use cotton or a cloth to immerse it in acetone and rub it on the sticker label.
- Wait 5 minutes for the glue to soften.
- Remove the glue with paper.
- Finally, wash the treated area of the wall with a damp cloth to remove acetone and leave the surface completely clean.
Olive oil is one of the resources that you will always have at your disposal since it is a common product in kitchens, however if the wall is quite porous this is not the best method because it could be impregnated, especially if you exceed the amount of oil. Apply it to remove the traces of adhesive on the wall by following these steps:
- Add a few drops on a rag.
- Rub the traces of adhesive with the cloth until it is soaked in oil. Olive oil helps remove the glue from the wall because it is greasy it loosens it and moistens it.
- Wait a few minutes to scrape the sticker with a knife or spatula.
- Repeat the process more times until you finish with the traces of glue.
- Clean the wall with soap and warm water.
Spraying water on the traces of glue allows it to dissolve with moisture and without corrosive compounds:
- Wet a cloth with a water sprayer.
- Rub the glue with the damp cloth.
- After 10 minutes, remove the adhesive with kitchen paper.
- If the traces of glue resist you, apply a greater amount of water directly on them and then rub again or use a spatula.
How to remove the remains of vinyl glue from the wall
Vinyl glue can also be removed from the wall. To achieve this, it is necessary to have three materials: a sponge, methanol or burning alcohol and a cotton cloth. Learn how to remove the adhesive from the wall with these instructions:
- Soak the sponge with burning alcohol or methanol. Try to make it totally wet, but without dripping.
- In areas with traces of adhesive, press with the sponge so that the glue is softened and you can remove it more easily.
- Take the rag and moisten it in alcohol. In a info-grinik we recommend that this rag be white so as not to run the risk of possible fading that dirty the wall.
- Rub the surface gently with the rag. You will notice that the remains of glue will form small balls that will come off easily.
- Dip the rag in alcohol more times if it dries quickly and, above all, gently rubs the wall so as not to cause damage to the surface.
How to remove double-sided tape glue from the wall
If what you want to know is how to remove the glue from the wall when you remove a piece of double-sided tape that you have used to hang something, instead of using nails or other materials, you will like to know that when you need to remove it you can opt for several methods. Learn how to remove double-sided tape remnants from the wall with these tips:
Turn it on by taking a prudent distance with the adhesive tape, at least a few centimeters. Apply the heat to the corners and edges to soften the glue. Minutes later, lift one of the corners of the tape with a spatula or a knife and remove it from the wall.
Water, soap and vinegar
With two cups of water, a little vinegar and a few drops of dishwasher soap you will have a perfect solution to be able to remove this type of glue. With the help of a sponge you will be able to apply it, but this method has a drawback: the surface is at risk of fading.
They are abrasive, so they are not suitable on delicate surfaces although they are suitable for most walls. You only have to moisten one with water and rub the area of the double-sided tape until it is removed. This material can be purchased at a hardware store or in the detergent section of any supermarket.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to remove glue from the wall, we recommend that you enter our Home Cleaning category.