How to remove bedbug bite scars
If you have ever suffered bedbug bites, you will know that the symptoms of these bites are really uncomfortable and annoying. In addition, most of the time these insects are very difficult to identify, something that is due to their small size and the hidden places in which they live.
In this article from info-grinik we will not only explain how to remove the scars of bedbug bites so you can get rid of the marks left by these parasites, but we also offer you some solutions to prevent bedbugs and throw them out of your home. Take note!
Characteristics of bedbug bites
Bedbugs are small oval-shaped insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. These parasites usually hide between the seams of mattresses and sheets, the headboard, pillows and walls, making them difficult to identify. Bedbugs usually bite at night, while the person in question sleeps, so it is common to find the marks of bites in the morning.
Do you want to know what are the characteristics of bedbug bites? Take note:
- The bites are in the form of red dots of different sizes, depending on the reaction to the bite of each person.
- These points are usually arranged in a straight line or in zigzag, and can be caused by one or more bedbugs.
- They produce swelling, irritation and itching on the skin, but they differ from mosquito bites because the latter are more sporadic and do not appear in a row.
- The parts of the body where it is most common to find bedbug bites are: hands, arms, shoulders, legs, face and neck. They differ from flea bites, for example, because they appear especially on legs and ankles.
- Some people can develop a skin rash due to a bad reaction to these bites.
You should keep in mind that bedbugs do not appear in a place because the space is dirty, but appear in places where there is a constant rotation of people and objects. That’s why such parasites are common in hotels, tourist apartments, student residences, cruise ships, etc. Bedbugs usually spread in clothes, luggage, sheets or other objects exposed to such rotation.
How to remove the scars from bedbug bites step by step
What is the best treatment for bedbug bite? The mark of these bites usually goes away alone after a week or two, however, many times these bites become dark spots that are difficult to remove that do not disappear without help. Normally this problem occurs when bedbug bites scratch a lot and / or become infected, so it is essential to wash the bite well with soap and water after noticing it and go to the pharmacy to get a bedbug bite cream.
We explain how to remove the scars from bedbug bites step by step so that your skin recovers that uniform tone and the marks of the bites disappear once and for all. Let’s start with the most basic steps:
- Start by washing the affected area with warm-cold water to open the pores of the skin.
- With a natural soap, clean the area well. Help yourself with a sponge or mane glove, so you can remove the dead layers of the skin and begin to blur the scars. Keep in mind two things: you must carry out this step carefully so as not to damage the skin and you can do it anywhere on the body except on the face and neck, because they are more sensitive areas that could become irritated.
- Rinse with warm water and with still moist skin apply a natural exfoliant on the area to be treated. Although there are many good natural exfoliants, we recommend mixing sugar with coconut oil. Remember to carry out this step always with gentle circular movements so as not to irritate your skin. If the scars you want to remove are on your face, take a look at this article on How to make natural exfoliants for the face, because you can carry out this step with the most appropriate ingredients.
- Rinse with plenty of water and finally apply a moisturizer to your body to help regenerate the skin.
Remedies for bedbug bites
This bedbug bite treatment will help you get rid of dark spots once you have carried out the previous steps. These bedbug bite remedies are full of antibacterial, antioxidant and astringent properties perfect to maintain the original color and texture of the skin, so take note:
- Mix half ripe tomato (natural antioxidant perfect for skin care) with the juice of half a lemon. Due to its high content of vitamin C, lemon has antioxidant and exfoliating properties that make it an ideal bleaching ingredient.
- When you have the mixture, apply it directly to the affected areas. Help yourself with a cotton ball or gauze, as you prefer.
- Let your skin absorb the mixture of both ingredients.
- Make use of this home remedy 2 to 3 times a day, always after you have finished the previous steps.
How to avoid bedbug bites
Here, from a info-grinik, we offer you some useful tips to get rid of these annoying insects and prevent their bites:
- Inspect the space well: if you wonder how to know if there are bedbugs, you should keep in mind that the quickest answer is to look for physical evidence of these insects. Therefore, to prevent these parasites from itting you, it is best to inspect the room in which you are thoroughly and finish them off. The black or reddish spots on the bed are a sign of the existence of bedbugs, so look closely at the cushions, sheets, duvets, etc.
- Use insecticides and pesticides: if you do find evidence that there are bedbugs in your room, the best way to avoid bites and pests will be to get rid of them. Get a good insecticide and throw pesticide into cracks and other hiding places where parasites can be found.
- Be cautious when you are traveling: be careful when you settle in hotels, apartments or residences, among others. Do not leave your luggage on the floor when you arrive and check the bed sheets and the surroundings for possible signs of bedbugs.
- Clean the room well: it will not be enough to put all the clothes in the washing machine (sheets, pajamas, cushion covers, stuffed animals, etc.), but you will also have to vacuum in depth through all corners of the room.
- Contact a specialist: if the space where you live has a plague of bedbugs that you can’t control, contact a disinfection company.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to remove bedbug bite scars, we recommend that you enter our Maintenance and Home Safety category.