How to make Christmas panettone
The classic panettone is a Christmas dessert typical of Italy, made with a brioche dough, raisins and candied fruits. Although the Italian panettone recipe is the original one, it has spread all over the world obtaining other names, such as Christmas sweet bread or Christmas panettone, and some ingredients have been changed. For example, some make chocolate panettone or with chocolate nuggets instead of using fruits and raisins (a good choice if, for example, a guest has an allergy to some fruit or does not like candied fruits or raisins).
We can find it in most shops and supermarkets, but, like all cakes, we can also make it ourselves at home and get a much tastier panettone. Cheer up and surprise your family and guests with this delicious dessert by following the simple steps of a HOWTO on how to make easy and delicious Christmas panettone.
You will need:
Steps to follow:
- To start this recipe for Christmas panettone or Christmas panetto you have to crumble the yeast into pieces and dissolve it in the warm milk along with a tablespoon of sugar. Then cover it and let it rest for 5 minutes to go up.
- The next necessary step in preparing this fantastic easy and fluffy Christmas panettone is as simple as starting to knead the flour with the yeast mixture, the remaining sugar, the egg yolks, the vanilla sugar, the grated lemon peel and the salt.
- Then, to continue with this delicious Christmas panton or panettone recipe, add the butter and knead the pasta again for another 5 minutes. If you see that the panettone dough is not thick enough, at this point you can continue adding more flour until you get the perfect texture.
- Let the panettone dough rest for half an hour so that the yeast takes effect and the dough begins to rise.
- The next step to make Christmas panettone is to add to the dough that we already have the soul of this dessert: candied fruits, raisins and almonds. First of all you must wash the raisins with hot water and dry them perfectly with absorbent paper. Then add them to the pasta with the candied almonds, lemon and orange and knead the dough again so that they are evenly distributed.
- Once you have introduced the candied fruit and the other ingredients and distributed them throughout the dough, you must put it in a bowl and cover it with a rag, letting it rest again for 20 more minutes.
- When it has rested you will have the panettone dough fully prepared, you will simply need to bake it to enjoy its fantastic Christmas flavor. First of all, you must spread the inside of the mold with butter to prevent it from hooking on its walls when baking it. Spread it with a spatula and when it is completely smeared add the dough inside.
- While you add the dough to the mold you can preheat the oven to advance time. Set it to 200 ° C so that it reaches the ideal temperature to make Christmas panettone sooner.
- Once you have put the dough in the mold, spread with a little softened butter on the surface of the protruding panettone. It is easier to do it with the help of a brush, but if you don’t have it at home you can do it with a spatula.
- You are already just learning how to make homemade and easy panettone and you only have to keep in mind that, before putting the panettone in the oven, you have to make two cross-shaped cuts in the center so that it looks as much as possible to the originals and goes up better. Once you have done it, put the oven at 180 ° C and put the panettone inside the oven. Go watch it, since each oven can vary in its power and heat distribution, but in principle it will take about 1 hour before taking it out of the oven for it to be well done.