How to make a coffee mask to lighten the skin
Coffee is not only one of the most consumed drinks in the world, but it is also a product full of the most beneficial properties for skin and hair care. The coffee mask for the face, for example, is a fabulous option to improve the appearance of the skin and enhance the firmness of the face, since the revitalizing properties of this ingredient are able to relax and illuminate the skin so that it looks much younger.
On the other hand, the exfoliating action of coffee is fundamental to remove excess dead skin on the face and whiten the skin, so if you want to get rid of those unsightly dark spots on the skin, the next home remedy interests you. Do you want to know all the secrets of coffee and its effects on cosmetics? If so, pay attention to the following article from info-grinik, because we explain how to make a coffee mask to lighten the skin step by step. Take note!
Benefits of coffee on the skin
What are the benefits of coffee on the face? Why is this ingredient so kind to our skin? The main reason why coffee can improve the appearance of our skin is because it has a high content of polyphenols, substances capable of eliminating free radicals that damage the health and appearance of our skin. However, caffeine and its activating effects are also worth mentioning, as well as the high content of melanoidins, diterpenes and trigonelias contained in coffee and that provide antioxidant effects. If you want more detailed information about the benefits of coffee on the skin, pay attention:
If you have wondered what the coffee mask is for and you have seen that it is very powerful for whitening the skin, you may have been surprised. However, coffee can be considered a very powerful natural exfoliant, since its ground beans stimulate cell renewal and can help get rid of the most superficial layers of the skin, those with more accumulation of dirt and impurities.
One of the most outstanding properties of coffee for the skin is its astringent effect, that is, it is capable of producing a healing, anti-inflammatory and antihemorrhagic action on the skin. So, if you want to clean your face in depth and soothe irritated or red skin, the coffee face mask can become your best ally.
Coffee is an exceptional natural antioxidant, which means that it protects the skin from any external factors harmful to the skin. Antioxidant properties are essential to combat the harmful effect caused by free radicals, the main causes of premature aging, so if you want to look younger skin, the coffee mask can also be very useful.
Coffee is perfect to activate blood circulation, something that we must thank for its high caffeine content. In fact, the application of this ingredient around the eyes is often recommended, since it is ideal for the treatment of bags and dark circles. In addition, being an effective decongestant, bleaching and anti-inflammatory, coffee is fantastic to achieve a more rested and luminous look free of black bags.
Do you want to learn how to make a coffee mask for spots and unify the tone of your skin? Here’s how to do it!
How to make a coffee mask to lighten the skin
Do you want to learn how to make a coffee mask to lighten the skin? From a HOWTO we advise you to mix the protagonist ingredient with products that have pure bleach properties, because let’s not forget that coffee, by itself, cannot lighten the skin, but it is thanks to its exfoliating action that it can treat skin spots. By mixing coffee with products such as milk or lemon, both fundamental for the natural whitening of the skin, you will get an effective and homemade mask very easy and effective. You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of ground coffee
- A stream of milk
- 3-4 drops of lemon
- If your coffee is not ground, grind it beforehand until it is very fine. To do this, you can use a mortar, a blender or your kitchen robot.
- When you have the coffee ground, add three tablespoons of coffee in a bowl and then pour the milk. The amount of milk will depend on what you need to create a thick paste similar to that of creamy yogurt. Our recommendation is that you add a small jet, mix with the coffee and add more milk if necessary. It is important that the paste is not very liquid, since you will have to apply it to your skin. In case it becomes very liquid, you can always pour a little more coffee.
- Before applying the mask, add 3 or 4 drops of lemon juice to the mixture, since it is one of the most effective bleaching ingredients that exist. Mix well once again and apply the paste on your face.
- Avoid the contour of the mouth and eyes and apply the mask by making circular and gentle movements on the skin. We advise you to put emphasis on the area where there are more open pores, the well-known area T: forehead, nose and chin. If you have very delicate skin, avoid this exfoliation.
- Let the mixture act for 20 minutes and, after this time, remove it with plenty of warm water.
- Finally, apply moisturizer on your face to ensure its correct hydration.
When adding lemon to the mask, from a info-grinik we advise you to always do it at night before bedtime. It is very important that the skin with lemon does not come into contact with the sun, since it could end up staining it permanently. This is easily avoidable if you use sunscreen daily and clean your face well every morning and every night.
Other bleaching coffee masks
If you want another type of coffee mask to lighten the skin, here are other options that you can make with completely natural ingredients:
Coffee and egg mask
The coffee mask with egg is a very complete option to take care of your face. On the one hand, coffee will help exfoliate your skin for a softer and clearer complexion, while egg will help you firm and tighten your skin, reducing expression lines and signs of aging. Follow these steps:
- Mix an egg yolk with a teaspoon of ground coffee. To also help lighten your face, add a few drops of lemon juice (no more than 5).
- When the mixture is uniform, apply the mask to your face making circular movements and insist on all those areas that need greater exfoliation.
- Let the mask act for 20 minutes and remove it with plenty of warm water when it is dry.
Coffee and honey mask
If you want to make a quick and effective dark circles mask, take note. Coffee, as we have seen so far, will help you exfoliate, deflate and revitalize your skin, as well as stimulate your blood microcirculation. On the other hand, honey is a deep natural moisturizer perfect for purifying the dermis:
- Use 2 tablespoons of ground coffee or coffee grounds and mix it with 3 tablespoons of natural honey.
- When the coffee has been properly integrated with the honey and you have a homogeneous mixture, apply it to your clean face. You can do it with your fingers or with the help of a brush to apply the paste on the eye contour more carefully.
- Let the mixture act for 20 minutes and then remove it with plenty of warm water.
Performing this routine twice a week you will see how little by little your dark circles become clear.
Coffee mask and aloe vera
With this combination you will get a perfect mask to moisturize and regenerate the skin, as well as to activate its collagen production. This is due to the great properties of aloe vera, which together with the benefits of coffee will manage to form a bleaching and very moisturizing mixture:
- Mix 3 tablespoons of ground coffee with 2 teaspoons of cold aloe vera juice. If you have the plant, you can remove the juice from it with the help of a spoon.
- Add half a teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of jojoba oil to the bowl.
- When all the ingredients are mixed and well integrated, apply them to the face by doing a circular massage and let the mask act for 20 minutes.
- Then, remove it with plenty of warm water.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make a coffee mask to lighten the skin, we recommend that you enter our category of Beauty and Personal Care.