How to clean windows with vinegar
Keeping the home clean is a desire shared by everyone, but there are usually doubts about how to get proper cleaning in some special areas of the house that often get dirty. This is the case of windows: the passage of time makes it inevitable that they get dirty for multiple reasons, so knowing how to clean them correctly is essential for them to be kept in good condition.
Why it is recommended to use vinegar to clean glasses or windows
Cleaning the glasses with white vinegar or cleaning vinegar is highly recommended for the qualities contained in the product. It is a liquid with antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties, thus being an excellent solution to eliminate germs, bacteria and molds present in windows and glasses.
Other reasons why vinegar is a great ally to clean the windows are its price, since it is very cheap and found in any supermarket and that is repellent, since it is a product that helps drive away the presence of insects such as ants, flies and mosquitoes due to the strong smell it gives off and acetic acid.
In addition, you can clean glasses with vinegar at any time because it is a product present in the vast majority of homes. Therefore, you will not need to go expressly to buy it since you probably have a wine vinegar stored in the kitchen or, among the cleaning products you already have the white vinegar or cleaning vinegar.
The only setback that can arise is that the vinegar dries quickly if exposed to the sun, being able to create some spots on the windows. So, consider this aspect to avoid it and take advantage of all the advantages of the product.
How to clean the glasses with cleaning vinegar
Knowing how to clean the windows so that there are no marks is essential to keep them in good condition and with a clean appearance. Despite the advantages of vinegar, if you do not use it correctly you will create stains on the glasses, which can become difficult to remove if left for a long time. To avoid this, in a info-grinik we recommend that you follow these steps to clean the windows with cleaning vinegar or white vinegar:
- In a bowl mix water and white vinegar. The amount of water must be the same as that of vinegar.
- Put the mixture in a container with spray or diffuser.
- Shake the diffuser and apply the mixture to the windows.
- Take a microfiber cloth or a window cleaner to clean the surface. Always do it in one direction: from left to right and from top to bottom (or the other way around, but don’t do it from left to right and from right to left, for example).
- Once you finish cleaning the window, take a second cloth and dry the entire surface to ensure that no stains will be created later.
It is better that you use a microfiber cloth and not other types of cloths because of their qualities: clean, dry, remove accumulated dirt and leave no trace. In addition, you will save a lot of time because you will not need to review the windows once you have finished cleaning.
How to clean the windows with vinegar and baking soda
Cleaning glasses with vinegar is a perfect solution if you don’t want to use products with artificial chemicals. To further ensure the success of this cleaning, choose to clean them with a combination of this product and baking soda. Meet the following instructions to clean the windows with vinegar and baking soda and you will get it:
- Mix in a bowl the following ingredients: half a liter of water, 62 ml of white vinegar and a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Stir the mixture and use a sponge to apply it to the windows. Moisten the sponge in the mixture and spread it all over the surface with one-way movements to prevent the appearance of marks.
- Wait 5 minutes for the mixture to take effect on the glasses.
- Finally, wash the glass with water. Wet a microfiber cloth in clean water and run it over the surface to remove the vinegar and baking soda mixture and the dirt that will drag with it. Make several passes if necessary, cleaning and draining the cloth a little each time, and remember that, so that there are no stains complicated to remove, you must clean the windows without the direct impact of the sun’s rays. Otherwise, vinegar can generate these marks.
How to use vinegar and lemon to clean the windows
To finish discovering how to clean the windows with vinegar, it is interesting that you know the effectiveness it has mixed with lemon. Lemon juice helps combat dirt and greasy residues in the glasses because it eliminates them thanks to its citric acid, which combined with the acetic acid of vinegar is much more powerful for cleaning. Take advantage of all the benefits of these products that you will have easily at home, following these steps to clean the windows with vinegar and lemon:
- Extract the juice from a lemon in a bowl and mix it with warm water and white vinegar.
- Insert the mixture into a sprayer so you can apply it comfortably. If you fill the pot, keep in mind that there should be more water and vinegar than lemon.
- Apply the mixture on the windows and spread it on the surface with the help of a microfiber cloth.
- In this way, the dirt will soften thanks to the effect of the vinegar and lemon mixture.
- With the cloth, finish removing the traces of dirt present on the surface. You can use water alone to moisten the cloth a little and better remove all the dirt residue from the windows.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to clean windows with vinegar, we recommend that you enter our Home Cleaning category.