How to clean the bathroom tiles
Keeping the rooms of the home clean is indispensable to live in a pleasant environment and without bad smells or other problems that can affect health. For all areas of the house to be well disinfected, special emphasis must be placed on cleaning and the best products you can use. The bathroom is one of those parts of the home that should always be clean, since it is the main point where you clean yourself daily.
Within the cleaning of bathrooms, the cleaning of the tiles is very worrying because they can suffer different types of stains or accumulate dirt due to the continuous use that is given to the bathroom, especially with showers by concentrating a large amount of moisture and lime of the water. To combat these problems and discover how to clean bathroom tiles with a wide variety of products, in a info-grinik we recommend that you continue reading this article in which we tell you what is best for cleaning tiles.
One of the homemade tricks that you can resort to at any time to clean the bathroom tiles is that of cola, because it is really effective. To clean the bathroom wall tiles with glue follow these steps:
- Soak a brush or cloth with glue.
- Rub all the area you want to clean well.
- Insist on the parts that have more dirt and, if necessary, rinse the cloth or brush and soak it again in glue to continue cleaning the tiles.
- Wait a few minutes after applying the cola soda to make it more effect on the dirt.
- After a few minutes, take a clean cloth and moistened in clean water to remove the remains of the drink. Rinse it and pass it as many times as necessary and you will see that the tiles will be clean.
Baking soda to clean the bathroom tiles
The cleaning of the bathroom tiles can also be done with baking soda. Follow these steps if you want to know how to clean the bathroom tiles with baking soda:
- Fill half a cup with baking soda and a quarter (or a little less) of water. If you want to remove difficult stains from the tiles, we recommend that instead of water you put, in the container with the baking soda, some liquid soap and oxygenated water (1/4 cup).
- Stir the ingredients so that they mix well and put the solution in a spray bottle or diffuser.
- Apply the mixture created on the tiles and the bathroom joints with a sponge.
- Wait 15 minutes for the mixture to act well and remove stains as much as possible and bleach the surface.
- This mixture will also serve to remove mold from the tiles. Use a brush to apply the mixture and insist a lot on these moldy areas, rinse everything with clean water and if necessary repeat the process. In case you clean parts with mold we advise you to put on a mask so as not to inhale it, since it is a health risk.
- Finally, rinse as many times as necessary with a cloth or sponge with clean water, until you see a result to your liking.
How to clean the bathroom tiles if they are very dirty? White vinegar is one of the best resources to clean the bathroom tiles even if they are already very dirty, since it is a very disinfectant liquid, considered a cleaning product for many situations. To use white vinegar to clean the tiles and gaskets in the bathroom, follow these steps:
- In a bucket, mix white vinegar in large quantities with water (more vinegar than water), stirring so that it mixes well.
- Moisten a cloth, sponge or brush with the solution created and rub it on the joints and tiles, especially in areas with greater dirt.
- Wet a clean cloth with water and remove any remaining remains of vinegar and dirt so that the tiles are completely clean and shiny.
Bleach to clean the bathroom tiles
Bleach is also an effective product to clean bathroom tiles, although you should use it with caution when containing toxic components: put on gloves, glasses and mask or open the window well. Follow these steps to clean the sink tiles with bleach properly:
- Mix 250 ml of bleach with 500 ml of cold water in a bucket.
- The mixture will serve to eliminate and prevent the appearance of bacteria and fungi on the joints of the tiles.
- Moisten a sponge, cloth or cloth in the mixture and pass it through the affected areas.
- Let it act for a few minutes while it dries. Run a clean cloth through the tiles to ensure maximum cleaning and that it is dry. Remember to open the window to ventilate the bathroom and allow the tiles and their joints to dry well.
As with bleach, ammonia is an effective product for cleaning tiles. In a info-grinik we recommend that you follow this procedure to use it safely:
- Wear gloves to make the following mixture: add ammonia a bucket and water to counteract the strong aroma and corrosive power of ammonia. Ventilate the bathroom by opening the door and window so you can breathe better. It is also advisable to wear glasses and a mask.
- Moisten a sponge in the mixture and, after draining it, removes dirt from the tiles and joints by rubbing intensely.
- Rub as many times as necessary until the surface is well clean and recovers color.
- Dry the tiles with a clean cloth.
A very simple method of cleaning the bathroom tiles is using water vapor. When it occurs easily, it can be used for this cleaning since it softens the dirt accumulated on the surface, allowing it to be removed easily. Learn how to clean bathroom tiles with water vapor by following these tips:
- Take advantage of the moments after a shower, with the steam concentrated in the bathroom, to apply any of the products exposed above (except ammonia and bleach because it is advisable to ventilate a lot and the steam will go away quickly). With the help of a cloth, sponge or brush you can remove dirt from the surface.
- Get a steam engine to clean so you can clean up much more easily to the last corner.
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Have you tried everything, but don’t know how to remove tartar from the bathroom tiles? Sometimes, the simplest methods are those that give the best result. Try using the simple trick of brush and toothpaste by following these steps:
- Add toothpaste to the brush bristles.
- Rub with the brush on the tiles and their joints.
- Thanks to the brush bristles you can reach the most difficult to access areas, such as corners and joints, and where there is more dirt.
- You will soon see that the joints and tiles are recovering their original color.
How to clean the bathroom tiles to make them shiny
In addition to cleaning the bathroom tiles, you can get them to shine by applying a series of products. How to clean the bathroom tiles to make them shine? Apart from the white vinegar itself mentioned above, these are other products that will give shine to the bathroom tiles:
- Apple vinegar: mixing it with warm water in equal parts, apply it on the surface and, after waiting a few minutes, remove it with a cloth moistened in warm water.
- Window cleaner: apply it by spraying the tiles. Remove the liquid and dirt with a cloth after leaving the product on for several minutes.
- Talc powder: clean the tiles first with white vinegar, water and lemon juice to eliminate all the bacteria deposited on the surface. Then, apply talcum powder to a cotton cloth and run it through the tiles.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to clean bathroom tiles, we recommend that you enter our Home Cleaning category.