Exercises to reduce waist and hips – incredible results
Do you want to wear a scandalous waist? One of the areas we care most about it being toned is the area of the abdomen that covers the waist, belly and hips. It is also one of the places in our body where we accumulate more fat forming the annoying and unattractive michelines or rolls. To start toning the different areas of the abdominal area, such as the waist and hips, it is absolutely essential that, in addition to following a low calorie and balanced diet, we begin to progressively exercise.
However, before signing up for any gym, it is important to know that not all routines are valid to lose weight in this area of the body. That’s why, in the following article of info-grinik, we give you a series of exercises to reduce waist and hips. Follow them and get in shape!
Iron to reduce waist and hips
The iron is a very effective hypopressive exercise, since through this static posture we manage to work different areas of the abdominal area such as the waist and hip. To perform this exercise you will have to follow these steps:
- First, you will have to lie on a mat facing down, touching the ground with both your hands and feet.
- When we are in that pose, we will support the forearms at a 90o angle and touch the ground with the tips of our feet.
- Once placed in position, we will raise the body upwards and hold for 20-30 seconds. It is important that the arms draw a straight line with the shoulders and knees to do the exercise well.
- When time has passed, we will return to the starting position slowly.
Perform between 3 and 5 repetitions of irons in your exercise routine.
Vertical scissors for thinning abdomen
Another exercise that we should include in our sports routine is the vertical scissors, since it will help you both gradually eliminate the michelines that form at the waist and to atonify the hip area, preventing the dreaded cartridges from forming. To perform the vertical scissors, we will follow these steps:
- Lie back on the mat, but this time sideways and resting one leg on top of the other.
- Now put a hand on your head so that your arm is flexed and leaning on the ground.
- Once you are in that position, raise the leg above the other. To make the exercise more effective, perform the elevation little by little as far as you can.
- Finally, lower your leg slowly until you return to the starting position without supporting your foot until you do all the repetitions of the series.
Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions of this exercise.
Side abs to lose waist
There are different ways to do abs to work this area. In the case of wanting to reduce waist and hip, the most effective way is to include the lateral abs in our routine. To make them, follow the step by step:
- First, you will have to lie on your back on the mat and then rest your hands behind your head.
- Now bend your knees and put one leg on top of the other as if you were crossing it.
- In this position, you will have to take air and then slowly raise your body until you touch the knee of the raised leg with the opposite hand.
- It is important that while you raise your body, keep your back straight and slowly expel the air.
- When you have touched the knee, gradually lower your body and you get air until you return to the starting position. Then you will have to perform all the repetitions with the other leg.
Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions with each leg.
Pelvic rotations to tone the hips
Another way to tone both the hips and the waist is by exercising the obliques by making pelvic rotations.
- To do this exercise, you will have to lie on your back on the mat and place your hands behind your head.
- Then flex your legs and begin to rotate the pelvis taking them from one end to the other.
- To do it correctly it is important that you never take your back off the ground and rotate slowly.
If you want to achieve results with pelvic rotation, you will have to include 3 sets of 10 repetitions of this exercise.
Leg lifts to lose fat in the hips
Leg elevations are a fairly effective exercise for the hips, since it manages to reduce a few centimeters in this area and tone it. However, performing this work will also involve other areas such as the abdomen and waist, making it a very complete exercise.
- To do it, you will have to stand next to a chair or a wall so you can support yourself and do not lose your balance during its execution.
- Once in this position, horizontally raise one of your legs while the other stays straight on the ground.
- When you reach hip height, lower your leg to the starting position.
- Then you will have to do the same with the other leg.
For exercise to be more effective, both the elevation and the descent of the leg must be a slow movement. In addition, when you lower your leg, it is also important that you do not rest your foot on the ground until you have finished the series. Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions with each leg.