Best Tabata Exercises for Women at Home
Few workouts are as effective when it comes to burning accumulated fat as the Tabata exercises, with which you also gain agility and muscle tone. They are dynamic, varied and can be of high intensity.
But why are they so effective? Its effectiveness when it comes to shedding kilos in a short time is that you will have to do them at a high rate for 20 seconds, resting 10 seconds between each of them, a time of rest in which your body will continue to burn calories.
If this is your goal, at we have selected the best tabata exercises for women at home with which you can do a tailor-made workout according to your conditions and without having to go to the gym. We started!
The Tábata method of training is not about a specific exercise routine, but rather a training mode that you can apply to whatever your regimen is. The important thing is that it is a high intensity method , so you should rest for only 10 seconds in 8 repetitions of 20 seconds .
With this in mind, this simple exercise that, surely, you have ever done almost like a game, consists of jumping by coordinating the movements of the hands and legs. For jumping jacks to be effective as part of your Tabata training , you have to practice it the right way:
- Stand with your legs together, your back straight, and your arms extended against both sides of your torso. The palms of your hands should touch the upper outer side of the thighs.
- From this position, jump as you spread your legs at your hips and raise both arms above your head.
- Try to do a single movement, exercising your arms and legs at the same time. At the moment of the jump, join the palms of your hands above the head, with the forearms slightly bent back.
- After the jump, lower yourself by bending your knees a little to minimize the impact and return your arms close to your body.
- Repeat as many times as you can for 20 seconds.
Jumping strides are a classic of Tabata training at home with which to burn calories and work the lower body muscles intensely, with special emphasis on the glutes.
- The exercise starts from the lunge position, that is, stand upright with your legs together and take a first stride, moving forward and flexing your right leg as you hit your left knee.
- From this point, push yourself up hard to achieve the jump.
- In that second in which you are in the air, quickly alternate the position of your legs and descend to fall back into the same starting position, repeating the exercise with the opposite leg.
- You will gain more momentum and have a better balance if, while you jump, you also move your arms.
The squat is a very complete exercise whose effectiveness you can increase with a knee raise at the time of the ascent. Plus, it’s a very easy option to incorporate into a beginner’s Tabata workout routine .
- Standing with your legs hip-width apart and your arms extended forward, begin the squat by lowering your glutes closer to your calves.
- Climb back up and, midway through, push yourself into a small jump as you bend your right knee, raising your leg toward your chest.
- Again from the starting position, repeat the exercise, this time bending your left knee.
If you are not a beginner and want to increase the intensity of the exercise, do not hesitate to do dumbbell squats to work your arms and burn more fat.
The sprint cannot be missing among the Tabata exercises for women at home, since it is one of the easiest and a real fat burner.
The sprint is a cardio exercise that consists of running without moving forward for the required 20 seconds, as fast as you can, always controlling your breathing and without forgetting to move your arms (elbows bent) to keep up with each of your steps. Rest for 10 seconds and do 8 more repetitions, you will feel the high intensity exercise!
There are many Tabata abdominals that you can choose to fully work the trunk or core muscles, strengthening them while eliminating the fat that tends to accumulate especially in this area. This is one of the most effective, so follow the steps to know how to do sit-ups correctly :
- Lie on your back on a mat with your legs together and stretched out and your hands on both sides of your head, supporting the nape of your neck.
- Contracting your abdomen, raise both legs to about 30 degrees.
- Bend the knee of your right leg as you raise your upper torso trying to bring your opposite elbow (your left) closer to that knee.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg and elbow. In this way, you will be working especially the oblique abs.
Complete the previous Tabata abdominal exercise with vertical scissors with which you will not only tighten your abs, but also strengthen your legs. Follow these steps and incorporate them into your Tabata exercises for abdomen :
- Lying on your back with your arms extended and close to the sides of your torso, quickly and alternately raise both legs.
- At all times, the legs must be well stretched and you can vary the height of the exercise, that is, do the scissors separating the lower extremities from the ground first at about 30 degrees, then 60 and finally 90.
Combine aerobic movement with strength in this must-have Tabata workout:
- Get into the necessary position to do the plank, that is, lying face down, leaning on the palms of your hands and on the toes of your feet.
- Bend one knee bringing it closer to your chest.
- With a small jump, straighten that leg, while bending the opposite knee and bringing it closer to the chest. At a steady and fast pace, repeat this movement of flexing – stretching both legs alternately.
- Continue with the classic repetitions of the Tabata circuit and continue with the following exercises.
There are different varieties of bottoms, many of which are practiced in gyms. One of the simplest that you can include in your Tabata routine from home is this, with which you can strengthen your arms, especially the triceps.
- Stand in front of a chair (which should be well supported against the wall to prevent it from moving).
- With your back to the chair, lower yourself down and rest the palms of your hands on the seat.
- While going down, as if you were going to sit down, you should keep your legs straight. Your buttocks must be in front of that seat, while only your well stretched arms hold you.
- From this position, bend your elbows and lower yourself a little further. Hold the posture and go up by stretching your arms again.
If you want to read more articles similar to The best Tabata exercises for women at home , we recommend that you enter our Sport category .
- To do your tabata circuit at home you can practice these 8 exercises or choose the four that are easiest for you and do 2 sets of 20 seconds of each one. Remember that it is important to rest 10 seconds between each exercise to get the most out of your training.
- Tabata exercises are high intensity, so it is especially important to warm up beforehand and finish the workout with a series of gentle stretches.