10 buttock exercises for men
The buttocks are muscles of paramount importance for our displacement and are composed of the group of the buttocks major, the middle and the minor and it is the muscles responsible for the movement of the legs. For example, the middle and minor buttocks are responsible for giving the lifting movement to the legs and having an adequate posture. Would you like to have better control over your posture and a strong and toned figure?
Next, in a info-grinik, we will give you 10 buttocks exercises for men that you can’t miss if you want to strengthen this part of your body to the maximum. Go get it!
This is one of the exercises for buttocks at home that allows us to start the different workouts aimed at strengthening this area of the body. It is advisable, therefore, to perform this exercise before any other and thus you will get better results. Here are the steps to do the buttock bridge exercise:
- Place an exercise mat or fitness mat to lie on the floor.
- Stand on your back with your arms on your sides, your palm of your hands glued to the mat, your knees bent at a 45-degree angle, so that your heels will not be stuck to your buttocks. Think that the knee and ankle should be as vertically aligned as possible.
- Raise your hips off the ground without taking your hands off the mat, settling your feet very well on the ground and keeping your back completely straight. In this position you must keep the abdomen and buttocks tight, with them by straining force.
- Stay in this position for two or three seconds. Keep in mind that you must exhale when you lift your buttocks from the ground and inhale when you return to the starting position.
- Return to the starting or resting position and repeat the movement 10 times.
- Rest about 20 seconds and return to do another three sets of more than 10 repetitions each with rest intervals between sets of 20 seconds. Be careful not to put all the weight on the cervicals and shoulders.
Buttock exercises for men: squats
This exercise may be the easiest to do, since it does not require material. It is excellent for strengthening the buttocks and legs. To do squats at home, the following steps must be performed:
- In a standing position, separate the legs at hip height with the tips of the feet slightly outward.
- In this position, taking out some chest and with your back straight, bend your knees to bring your hip down and slightly back, squatting and arms fully extended forward, parallel to the ground. You must avoid that your knees are ahead of the tips of your toes when you go down.
- Return to the starting position when you go up, keeping your back straight at all times.
- Repeat this exercise about 30 times and rest a minute.
- Repeat the exercise again for about three more series. The amount of squats and series will depend on your resistance, so adapt the quantities to your current situation and little by little you will expand.
This exercise for buttocks at home is very effective to develop buttocks, core and burn fat throughout the body. It strengthens the posterior muscles of the legs, hardens the buttocks, abdominals and lumbar area. To do the kettlebells swing exercise effectively we recommend doing it in the following way:
- Place, at a distance of about 30 cm from the tips of your feet, a kettlebell or Russian weight.
- Position yourself with your feet separated about 45 cm and oriented slightly outwards.
- Bend your knees slightly keeping your back straight, your head raised and your eyes forward.
- Grab the kettlebell of the handle with both hands.
- Lift the weight by taking it back through the middle of your legs while tightening your abs. Don’t make the force on your back.
- Push the kettlebell forward while you stand completely and your arms fully stretched.
- Let the kettlebell return back under the legs due to the action of gravity, taking the hip back and pulling out the buttocks.
- By placing your buttocks and abs as tense as possible, repeat the steps from five to eight.
- Repeat this swinging movement about 25 times.
- Rest two minutes and repeat these steps for four more series.
Triple exercise to increase and strengthen the buttocks
This exercise consists of three exercises that are performed one after another, without rest or pause. It is composed of the following glute exercises for men who want to strengthen and work them correctly:
- Kick back.
- Leg extended from the side, to the center and to the other side.
- Short kick up.
To do this physical activity, the following steps must be performed:
Back kick exercise
- Get on your knees and rest your forearms on the floor holding your hands. Take the buttocks slightly back so that all the effort of the exercise falls on them.
- Lift one of your legs off the ground and kick back directed up as much as you can.
- Pick up the leg without placing it on the ground and kick it back again in the same way as in the previous step.
- Repeat this routine 15 times.
- Go to the next exercise without resting.
Side leg extension exercise
- Return to the position of step 1 of the first exercise.
- Now place the leg fully extended, move it to one side and for a second.
- Bring your leg to the center and stop for another second.
- Take your leg to the other side and for another second.
- Repeat these movements over and over again 15 more repetitions.
- Go to the next exercise without resting.
Short kick exercise back and up
- Return to the starting position.
- Bend your knee now and give the short kick back and up without extending your leg. You will also do this movement 15 times.
- Finally, now switch to the other leg while maintaining the knee position and repeat the steps from number 1 to number 9.
Hip thrust with bar to strengthen the buttocks
This is one of the buttock exercises to do in the gym that is indicated for men who want to gain strength using, for this, a bar loaded with weights. This activity allows you to move a lot of weight and the main motor of the movement are the buttocks and the abductor, participating in the extension of the hip. To do this buttock exercise for the gym you must perform the following steps:
- Place a bench behind you in such a way that, when you sit on the floor, you can rest your shoulder blades on the bench, that is, that the bench is below your shoulders.
- Rest your back on the bench. Place the bar with weights on the pelvis and hold it with your hands so that it does not slide. Place the shoulder blades leaning on the bench and extend the hip.
- The weight of your body must be supported on the one hand in the shoulder blades and on the other hand on the soles of the feet. Now raise your hip as high as possible with pelvic retroversion, and your abdomen inward keeping your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Wait two seconds in this position and then return to the starting position.
- Make this move a series of 10 repetitions and rest 20 seconds. After completing this series rests 1 minute.
- You must do 4 sets of 10 repetitions each with a break of 20 seconds between one series and another.
Dead weight to tone the buttocks
This buttock exercise in the gym is very important, since it allows you to gain volume and strength in the buttocks. To do this, you must use Olympic discs and sports shoes that do not have an air chamber. With this exercise you will work both the upper and lower body. Deadweight is an exercise in extending knees, hips and back at the same time. Here are the steps to follow to perform the deadweight exercise for buttocks:
- Place the bar that you are going to lift weights of 25 kg (note that you have to adapt the weight to your physical condition, maybe you can lift more or you better start with less).
- The bar should be attached to the tibias and be below the knees about 10 cm. If the bar is below these 10 cm, place supplements of the same thickness under each weight until you reach the desired height.
- Separate the legs about 30 cm.
- Bend your knees until you manage to take the bar with both hands. Keep your trunk as straight forward as possible and pull your hip back as much as you can. Retract the scapulas backwards.
- Raise your face and let your eyes be facing the front.
- Don’t lift the bar away from the body. You must lift it so that it goes up glued to your body and in the same way when you lower it to the starting position.
- Take air in your lungs before lifting the bar so that the rib cage is filled with air.
- Proceed to lift the bar until you are completely stopped. This is done with a knee, hip and back movement at the same time, which must be fully synchronized. Don’t try to lift the bar by just making the effort with your back or arms.
- Stay in this position for a second and lower the weight again very carefully and straight. Breathe out all the air you kept in your lungs.
- Repeat this survey about 5 times and rest about 30 seconds.
- Do four sets of this exercise.
- Make dead weight twice a week.
Squat with bar
This exercise can be done to strengthen the buttocks in the gym will also serve to exercise other muscles such as low and upper back, quadriceps and helps increase the muscle mass of the legs. Perform the following steps to do squats with a bar:
- Stand in front of the bar that must be placed on some bar support.
- Take it with both hands, go under the bar flexing your legs, and lift it straight with the trapezoid area upwards, extending your knees and then take a couple of steps backwards.
- Separate your legs at least 50 centimeters.
- Start descending by bending your knees very slowly, keeping in mind that your trunk and head must be completely straight with your gaze forward. Take your buttocks out completely backwards so that all the muscle tension sits on them and balance is maintained when you are descending.
- Descend until your knees form an angle of approximately 45 degrees.
- Stop for a second and start ascending very slowly until you are completely upright.
- Repeat this procedure 15 times, place the bar on the support in front of you and wait for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat this series of exercises three more times.
Unilateral dead weight to strengthen the buttocks
This exercise to perform in the gym is very easy to do and will allow to tone the buttocks, legs and hips. To perform the unilateral deadweight exercise you must perform the following steps:
- Stand up grabbing the weight (dumbbell or kettlebell) with one hand and with the other lean on the wall or other point to maintain balance.
- Keep your back completely straight.
- Leave one leg to the ground.
- While you lean forward with the dead weight almost to the height of the ground with your hand fully extended, raise your leg straight and extended backwards to compensate, that it is parallel to the ground, going up and down like a pendulum.
- Repeat for about 20 times and you will rest 10 seconds.
- Change your support hand and repeat the steps from number 1 to number 5, but now raising the other leg.
- We recommend doing 4 sets of 20 repetitions on each leg.
Buttock exercises for men: Bulgarian squats
This is another of the buttocks exercises for men that can be performed perfectly at home and serves to have the buttocks and legs firm and toned, for this you only need a chair or a bench. This training allows you to work simultaneously on strength and stability. To perform the Bulgarian squat exercise you must perform the following steps:
- Take a chair from your house, or failing that a stool or stool, and stand and back to the chair or bench.
- Raise one leg backwards, resting the tip of your foot on the chair while your back is straight.
- Place your hands on your hip or extend them to the sides to grip stability.
- Go down by flexing the knee of the leg that was resting on the ground. Do this very slowly and sliding backwards.
- Hold this position for a second and then start climbing. The back must be straight.
- Do not go up completely, that is, that the knee is partially flexed.
- Perform this exercise for five sets of 15 repetitions. As you master the exercise you can increase the number of repetitions.
- Change your leg and repeat all the steps mentioned above.
Squats with one leg
This exercise for buttocks and legs allows you to increase their muscle mass, to strengthen and harden them. Here are the steps you must do to perform squats with one leg correctly:
- Sit on a bench or chair with your sword completely straight.
- Take your hands to maintain balance and lift one of your legs, which is slightly detached from the ground.
- Strengthening the leg that has been supported on the floor and the muscles of the buttocks, get up from the bench in such a way that the support leg is as extended as possible.
- Sit back without resting on the floor the leg that is in the air.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 about 15 times quickly or at your own pace while you get used to it.
- Rest about 30 seconds.
- Now change your leg and repeat the previous exercise.